Saturday 17 November 2007

Welcome To Generic Blog # 34!

Hello, and welcome to Generic Blog # 34. Why Generic Blog # 34 as a name? Well, it had to do with alcohol (as all good things do), a recent night out at a gig in Manchester, and an ongoing competition between my friends to come up with an ever better band name for a band that doesn't exist yet. We were watching The Duke Spirit at the Night & Date Cafe on Thursday, 15th November 2007, and as is the norm at these things, there was a support band on. No-one remarkable, but they weren't crap either. Of course, no-one knew who the hell they were, so when my friend asked me who the band was, I sarcastically replied "Oh, it's Generic Band Number 34" and thus a legendary concept was born - the Generic Number 34. This is the first incarnation of it, and it seems appropriate to name it so as we are apparently being drowned by self-indulgant western imperialist pig-dogs like me, flooding the internet with self-indulgent mush like this. So welcome, and pardon my apathy. Leave your will to be weird at the front door, as I will need it later. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you imperialist pig-dog, i enjoyed your rants extremely. Look forward to further sermons of rock as and when they burst forth.

Peace and carrots

MV
myspace.com/offthecufffilms