Monday 28 January 2008

Six In Six - The Running Story Of Musical-Obsessive Madness

Well, my friends well know, that I, in a fit of minor obsessive madness, purchased 6 gig tickets recently. Nothing unusual in that I hear you say. Of course not. Except that these particular gigs are back-to-back, one day after another. See the list!

Sunday 27th January - Slow Club & Lucy & The Caterpillar
Monday 28th January - Robots In Disguise & Daggers
Tuesday 29th January - Explosions In The Sky
Wednesday 30th January - Nine Black Alps
Thursday 31st January - Stars
Friday 1st February - Robert Young

Ok. For those of you who don't attend concerts and gigs, shut up right now! You don't have a clue just how knackering it is to attend one night. There is something strange in watching live music; in a really nice way, it can suck the energy right out of you.

The more astute readers will notice that I am now two days into this ridiculous and funny marathon which is taking me to Manchester Night & Day Cafe, The Roadhouse, Academy 1, Academy 3, Academy 3 again and the Kings Arms 1st Floor Theatre. So laugh at me, pity me, curse my name in a fit of jealousy, but don't doubt that I'm nuts for music...lol.

Write-ups of the gigs will follow shortly! When all this is over, I plan on lying down. For a very long time. Do not ring me while I am lying down, as it will make me get up and kill you. Thanks!

No comments: